Getting to the Final Few
To get this far, we recommend you pick your fights very carefully. Your chances of making it to the end of the game are much higher if you don’t enter a gun battle with anyone until the very end. That starts with your landing spot, try not to drop down in Tilted Towers or anywhere else that is on the Battle Bus route. Explore the more remote parts of the map, where you are likely to come across only two or three players. There should never be a time when you’re standing still and in the early part of the game you should be raiding chests, collecting as much ammo as you can and harvesting your resources. Your health and shields should be maxed out in the first five minutes. You will need as much stuff as possible when building forts and defending your position in the end-game and the only time you should be pausing is to check you’re not about to be caught in the Storm Circle.
As the Circle starts to shrink, keep the Storm just behind you, which gives you two advantages. Firstly, it gives you cover – there is only a small chance that people will be loitering in the Storm, meaning that you only need to worry about the people in front of you. Secondly, if people are in the Storm, they’re going to be rushing to get back to the safe zone with their health at least slightly depleted. This then makes them easier targets, although you should only engage in battle at this stage if you’re 90% confident you are going to win. We recommend that you don’t miss any chance to upgrade weapons and collect ammo, resources or balloon drops. Make sure that you build cover if you are going to empty a drop crate, otherwise this will make you an easy target.
Winning the End Game
- Take Cover – Don’t be running across open fields. You are now within shooting distance of every other player, including those you cannot see. Do not make it easy for them by running into open ground. If you have to move from one place to the next, put down covering walls as you run or move around the edge of the Circle, where you are less likely to be spotted.
- Stay Calm – Panic can be the biggest killer in the last few minutes of a Battle Royale. Take a deep breath, stay calm and stay focused on the challenge otherwise you will win nothing.
- Take Advantage of Existing Structures – If building isn’t your best skill, take advantage of existing structures. Try building forts on top of houses or other buildings to give you that extra bit of height. This also means that your fort won’t be as easy to knock down with a rocket launcher, especially if you have got two or three different ramps up to a tower and gives you a hiding place if your fort is destroyed by explosives.
- Get High – Height advantage is a must. Getting above your opponent is a big advantage as it is much easier to see them and score a headshot when you have got the higher ground. Go to the Playground and start practising your fort-building skills – a 1×1 tower is often enough. If you struggle with this, have a go at building ramps quickly so you can get up to an opponent’s level.
- Watch the Storm – If you get caught in the Storm in the early stages, it isn’t the end of the world, however getting caught in the Storm towards the end is as Health can deplete at ten points per second. Pay attention to when the Circle has shrunk so far that its position moves outside of the current Storm.
- Pick Off Flyers – Aggressive end-game players will often use a Rift-To-Go or Launch Pads to propel themselves into your fort, which in turn gives you a window of opportunity as they cannot shoot when they are flying. Train your weapon on the flyers and get in as many shots as possible. Even if you don’t kill them, you might injure them enough that it only takes one or two more shots to end them.
- Let Others Trade Blows – Don’t get drawn into other people’s fights unless you have a very clear chance to take someone out. Let them exchange blows so that hopefully they damage each other in the process.
- Ignore the Drop Piles – Don’t rush into the drop piles of people you or others have killed. Only if you are desperate, or you need more wood or ammo, should you go out of your way to pick up another player’s drops. Other players will see the drop piles and train their weapons on them, giving them an easy kill.